From new kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center opening, here are some good news stories from this week!
New Shoes That Expand As Kids Grow
A new type of shoe called Aretto has been created by an Indian entrepreneur that can stretch to fit growing feet, so kids can wear them for longer without needing to buy new shoes. This reduces waste, since kids on average need 15 pairs of shoes as they grow up. Aretto shoes are also durable, flexible, and easy to clean. They cost between $22 and $31.
Houseplants Could Protect From Common Illnesses
Plants may have the ability to remove viruses that cause cold and flu from the air, according to a study from Australia. When plants absorb sunlight, they produce hydrogen peroxide, which was found to be present in microscopic water droplets floating through the air in rooms with house plants, which could potentially sanitize any viruses in the room.
New Material Greatly Improves Electric Batteries
A new material for electric vehicle batteries called Titan Silicon can increase a car’s driving range by 20% and reduce the charging time from 60 minutes to just 20. Mercedes-Benz will be the first car manufacturer to use the tech, incorporating it into the batteries for its EQG G Wagon, due to be launched in late 2024 or early 2025.
Biggest EV Battery Recycling Plant Opens in Georgia
A new Georgia-based battery recycling facility disassembles 70,000 EV batteries and harvests valuable minerals like lithium, cobalt and manganese to sell back to the market. The company generates enough cash flow to pay car manufacturers for old batteries and reduces landfill waste. This also avoids needing to open up new mines.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!