From a woman setting up a DIY recycling center in her garden shed to an 80 year old couple successfully finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories from this week!
New Tool Can 3D Print Inside Human Body To Reconstruct Wounds
A team of engineers from the University of New South Wales in Sydney has developed a surgical tool that can also 3D print living cells in real-time inside the human body. The technology has the potential to reconstruct wounds inside the body with a minimally invasive approach, reducing infection risks. The next stage of development is testing on living animals to demonstrate its practical use.
Woman Sets Up Recycling Center In Garden Shed
A UK woman set up a DIY recycling center in her garden shed to collect items that her town’s recycling service doesn’t accept.
Since starting the project four years ago, Liz has recycled 2,600 pounds of trash across 30 categories of recyclable waste and raised over £1,000 for local charities and sports organizations by sending off the trash to TerraCycle, which converts the weight of the junk into points for money.
Among the items commonly deposited in the shed are baby food pouches, food packaging, and toothbrushes, home hygiene packaging, plastic bread wrappers, and cheese bags.
Eggs and Bacon Prices Coming Down!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the prices of eggs and bacon are beginning to decrease as a result of a reduction in inflation and the diminished lethality of avian flu. On top of that, cheese and orange juice are also coming down. Right now the average price for a dozen eggs stands at $3.70, which is 60% higher compared to the same period last year.
An 80 Year Old Couple Finds Love
An 85-year-old woman named Tricia met her 82-year-old husband Ian on an online dating site. The couple got married in February after Ian was diagnosed with heart disease and needed a risky bypass operation. Tricia believes that more 80 year olds should embrace online dating because it allows you to tick many boxes before meeting in person, and you can tell if you have a lot in common. It also shows you that you can still find love at any age.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!