From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
A man in India Growing Saffron in Shipping Container
From Good News Network
A man in India has started using hydroponics in a shipping container to grow saffron, which is one of the world’s most expensive spices, coming in at over $10,000 per kilogram. He used shipping containers because you can control the environment inside of it. This method could help grow other, difficult to obtain crops and could be used anywhere in the world!
New, healthy alternative to plant based meats
From Good News Network
Meati, a Montana-based company, is using mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms, to create sustainable and environmentally-friendly alternatives to meat. Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger are both highly processed and not considered very healthy. These new burgers taste very similar to meat, and Sprouts grocery store will sell mycelium steaks, burgers, and more. The CEO isn’t even vegan, or a vegetarian; he eats meat and enjoys bow hunting. His goal is to introduce this new alternative to help reduce emissions from the food system.
Vitamin D supplements may fend off Dementia
From Good News Network
A study with 12,000 participants found that taking vitamin D supplements may lower the risk of dementia by 40%, and those who took supplements lived dementia-free for longer. Previous research suggests that low vitamin D levels are linked to higher dementia risk.
Gas & rent prices continue to drop
From GasBuddy & Dwellsy
Once again, rent prices and gas prices continue to fall! According to GasBuddy, gas prices have fallen two cents a gallon over this past week, 11.5 cents lower over the past month, and 77.1 cents lower than this time last year!
According to Dwellsy, one bedroom apartment rents continue to fall another 1% from last month, and prices have continued to fall since November of last year after peaking in July 2022.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!