From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
Senior finds $15,000, returns it, and no longer needs to walk to work
A Michigan woman Dianne Gordon found almost $15,000 cash at a gas station, which belonged to a couple’s wedding gifts. Despite needing the money to fix her broken car, she turned it in to the police. The couple was overwhelmed by her honesty, and a fundraiser was set up that raised over $82,000 for her. She was overwhelmed by the support and was able to buy a new car.
This story is not just a great example of karma and that most people are good, but if you’re going through a difficult patch in your life, things can all change for you in an instant!
People under 35 are rejecting traditional social media
BeReal is a social media app that has exploded in popularity due to its basic features. Users can only post once a day and there are no filters, businesses to follow, ads, or DMs. Users connect with their friends and only see their daily BeReals in their feed. Each BeReal consists of a two-way photo with a selfie, with the option to add a short caption and for friends to react with a “RealMoji” (a photo of themselves) or comment.
The app had 920,000 monthly active users in early 2022, which grew to 73.5 million by August, with 90% of users being under 35. BeReal is not addictive and has no algorithm to keep users scrolling, making it a safe and limited way for people to stay connected online.
Woman Turns Old Couches Into Handbags
A woman in England has been taking old, worn out leather couches that usually end up in a landfill and sewing them into designer handbags! She sews 6-10 leather bags each week and she estimates she’s saved about 20 sofas from ending up in a landfill in the last year and a half! While she earns between $30 to $240 for each bag she sells, she says she does it to save these couches from the landfill.
Discovery Could Turn ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’
Humans have three types of fat: brown, beige, and white. Brown fat burns calories to create heat, while white fat stores excess sugar and carbs, leading to health issues.
Researchers have found a way to turn white fat cells into brown fat cells, and injecting these cells cured diabetes and metabolic disorders in overweight sheep. Researchers also discovered a cell surface receptor called GPR3 that increases the calorie-burning activity of brown fat cells.
Cold exposure increases brown fat tissue and finding ways to increase brown fat could help combat obesity.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!