Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
Girl Who Emptied Piggybank for Charity Wins $48 Million Jackpot
Years ago, this then five-year-old girl donated everything she had in her piggy bank to help those affected by an earthquake in Haiti, totaling around $61. Last week she won a $48 million jackpot in Ontario on her 18th birthday! This is a great example of karma; do good things and good things will happen to you!
Unemployment At Lowest Level Since 1969
I want to preface this by saying I’m sure there’s a political spin on these numbers, but remember today we’re just looking at the positives! According to recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate has reached its lowest level in over 50 years, with only 3.4% of the population being without a job. Additionally, the median earnings for workers have increased by 7.4% compared to the previous year, outpacing inflation. The growth has been seen across various industries, including restaurants and bars, retail stores, healthcare facilities, professional and business offices, and construction.
Hydrogen Fuel Directly From Seawater
Scientists from the University of Adelaide in Australia have found a new way to make a type of clean energy called green hydrogen. They did this by using seawater instead of normal water and without having to clean or treat the seawater first. The scientists used two special materials to help them split the seawater into hydrogen and oxygen, and the result was just as good as using normal water. Now, the team wants to make their process bigger so it can be used to make more green hydrogen, which can be used as fuel in things like fuel cells and to make other chemicals.
High School Graduation Increase In NY
New York state high school graduation rates rose last year, attributed to years of improvements starting in elementary schools. High school seniors in Albany now have a designated case manager to track progress. Teams meet weekly to address the most at-risk students’ needs in social-emotional skills, mental health, behavior, and academics.
Bonus story! Chick-fil-A Opening 3 Local Locations; First As Soon As Next Month!
So I didn’t think was important enough to share on-air, but if you live in the Capital Region, three Chick-fil-A’s are coming very soon to Clifton Park, North Greenbush and Colonie, with the first location potentially opening in Clifton Park as soon as mid-March!
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!